View Single Post
Old 05-26-11, 07:58 AM
Fleabiscuit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thump55
It sounds like you need congress and a court to decide for you if Lance doped. The rest of us don't.
BTW, maybe you want to discuss the finer legal details of this case with OJ.
This isn't about whether or not he doped, it's about whether the evidence is enough to convict him. IMO, the testimony of scumbags like Landis and Hamilton is worthless. There was lots of physical evidence in the OJ trial but so far none in this case, as far as I can tell. Lots of smoke but no fire.

Also, who is the "us" you refer to in your message? Is there a gang of cycling morons I need to look out for on the road? Are you the self appointed mouthpiece for the group or the actual leader? Either way, I'm guessing you are at the front of the pack and the idiots have chosen wisely.

I could care less what you or anyone else on this forum thinks. You don't need any evidence to make up your mind but the testimony of less than credible witnesses is gladly accepted, as long as their opinion is in line with yours. Just remember, in a criminal court of law, the standard of proof is much different than an internet forum or civil court. Lance doesn't have to prove he is innocent, they have to prove he is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, to a jury. The words and accounts of guys like Tyler and Floyd don't carry much weight among reasonable and intelligent people, and I don't expect them to carry much weight with a jury unless they can offer some kind of physical evidence (pictures, recordings, etc.). "Reasonable and intelligent" are probably not requirements for your little group so you don't need to worry.

Cheers,

FB