View Single Post
Old 05-26-11, 08:17 AM
Rutnick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shimagnolo
Landis reported that they sold donated bike components to help fund the doping.
That might be the best defense against the allegations, but I think it is principally a contractual issue;
i.e. the contract prohibited doping.
They meaning Lance or "they" meaning Landis and Hamilton. I bet if Lance didn't have to sell bike parts to get money for PEDs. I remember when Discovery sold bike components and parts on Ebay. No different than what Garmin did last year. Garmin was selling off their old bikes on Ebay last year for ridiculous prices. It doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary.

Proving any postal service money was spent on doping is nearly impossible. Proving lance did anything is also nearly as impossible. We (the federal government) will probably spend MILLIONS making this case. MILLIONS on an issue that honestly they should just stay out of. Just like BALCO. What good actually came of BALCO and how much money did we spend on it? In a time where every dollar should count and we are bleeding money as a country, is this the BEST way to spend our $? On retired sports figures that were never caught while they competed. Each sport has it's own governing body and if they couldn't catch him or anyone else, then why is it the government's job to waste our money figuring it out?

Did Lance dope? I honeslty don't care anymore. If cycling's governing body couldn't catch him after 500 tries....just let it go.

So basically...the US Government will spend millions building a case which will be upteen times more than what was spent on any PEDs and all Lance has to do is not get caught in a lie. If Hincappie really came forward, he might be screwed but who knows. The cost still isn't worth it. This is NOT the government's fight. Neither was steroids in Baseball. The function of the government is NOT to police sports.

Yes, I know...Postal Service....all Lance's attorneys have to do is sit back and laugh as the government tries to build a case that the team used Postal Service money to buy drugs. They won't be able to do it. Lance can just keepy denying anything. It will take years. Meanwhile that money could have gone to education, homeless, roads or anything other than this waste of time.