sudo bike
Bicikli Huszár

Bikes: '95 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thebigbiker
Thanks for the responses! My problem with the panniers was that I found that sometimes my groceries are damaged and sometimes the panniers themselves fall off because of bad clips or fastening systems.

I was just wondering if you think it would be beneficial to have a bag like a pannier that clicks in and fastens (not just straps or a clip) securely to the rack for groceries? Thoughts?
I started using M-Wave double day trippers, and when those got stolen I moved up to the M-Wave 3 piece traveler (the former probably more suited for groceries and what I'll discuss). The two bags were connected in the center and draped over the rack, with side straps strapping to the rack for security of movement. The double day trippers just had "lids" that swung open with one huge, semi-rigid pocket. Just about perfect for one or two paper bags in each (with the lids open) and maybe some plastic bags. I was happy with them. $25 is hard to beat.

The new 3 piece travelers I like a lot too, and they also work well for groceries, but they are more general purpose, and slightly less suited to groceries. I probably can fit just as much, but I have to distribute among pockets.

Last edited by sudo bike; 05-27-11 at 05:46 AM.