Old 05-29-11, 09:21 AM
corkscrew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rscamp
I think that's "Holy Heck".
Ha! Didn't mean to offend, but in my defesne - being a family friendly website it still didn't filter it out.

Spent some time last night building the battery packs into a more permanent configuration. (Was lucky my Parallel balance adapters arrived yesterday!), and wrapped each set of 4 bricks with heat shrink tubing. Got them store charged at 60% as one complete battery now. Also did a bit of cable routing to clean things up a bit. Tempted to shorten the throttle, CA and ebrake lines, but don't feel like reattaching all those little wires! Currently have the excess bundled and zip tied under where the seat will sit.

Also did some work on the chainline. Removed another foot or so of chain tube and relocated my power idler (It's on a terracycle 2" idler mount). Things seem to be a bit better routed now, so we'll see. I said I didn't have a pedal drive above because the previous chainline rotated the idler mount and made my idler pop it's c-clip and bearing! (Nothing like cruising past some kids with a big smile, only to have them bring over your idler minus the bearing "One of your parts fell off!" *facepalm* ) Hoping it'll work now with all the changes I've done, figure it was a matter of overtorquing on the chain line, since I don't have the shifters installed yet.

Once payday or a boon shows up, I may have to find some reed switches for the e-braking. I have my two locking levers setup for the front discs, and have the regen lever mounted separately. Would be nice to trigger regen and a brake light with both of the promax levers. (Yeah yeah, Promax, but I couldn't find another set of dual v-brake levers with parking brakes!). Then I have to find a better place for the thumb throttle. Where I had it interferes with the rear shifter line, so something will have to be done there.

I ordered a 700x50 Big Apple tire last week too - I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit, as with all the weight and speed I could use more suspension. (Vs the 90psi Vittoria Randoneur that's on there now)..

One other thing - how warm are these motors supposed to get? After the 15 minutes of riding around (OK so I wasn't babying her), the motor was fairly warm to the touch. Makes me worried because yesterday was overcast and only about 50 degrees F. I may have to drill the covers on the 2806 or install a fan or something. Then maybe get a 2807 with closed covers to swap in for winter riding.

Last edited by corkscrew; 05-29-11 at 09:26 AM.