Beaker
moth -----> flame

Bikes: 11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidEssence
Jeffthemaximum: The thing is, I don't know if I'm not happy with it yet, because they messed up the setup of the bike (and they will be hearing about that) and I couldn't really ride it. However a firend of mine who knows his way around bikes said it was too big. Another friend, who used to be a semi-pro (but didn't actually see the bike, I just spoke with him on the phone), said that it's hard to tell...
This thread confuses me. If you haven't ridden the bike, how do you know if you have a fit problem? If I'm understanding correctly you're concerned because of stand over height and the appearance of the bike? Also you've had friends and some dudes on the internet look at the bike (without you on it?) and express concern. Unless you feel it truly just doesn't fit, I'd give it a couple of rides. You simply can't tell if I bike is set up correctly by looking at the bike alone.

As Gregf asked, what's wrong with the RD? I don't *see* anything wrong with it, but if it refuses to stay in one gear, or jumps cogs, then adjusting the cable tension with the barrel adjuster should sort it out.