Old 05-29-11, 12:00 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2936 Post(s)
Liked 2,933 Times in 1,496 Posts
I have been working on the Hetchins today. unfortunately the aforementioned "suicide" front derailleur will not work correctly, so it was sadly removed. I do not happen to have a NR or SR front lying around and I was reluctant to remove one from another bike so I ended up with a Chorus erea one instead.

I got both derailleurs hooked up and they work fine. the front brake and fender are on but the stays need a little triming. I was about to install the rear fender when I realized there was no hole in the BB bridge . so it is off to ACE for a Pclamp. I do not have a hanger for the rearbrake I need to order one from VO.

now the big news. despite not having a functioning rear brake I did make a short test ride. it rides great! I was worried about the stem length but the overall position feels great. I have not owned one in decades but it feels like my old Sears 3spd. I was concerned also with the barends and and brake lever position. I was worried operating the barends may be awkard, but it seems to be an OK setup. I think for some reason if you wanted to use both brakelevers and both shifters at the same time that might be difficult but I do not foresee that happening.

if I get the rear fender mounted I will try and get a few pics posted.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk