Old 05-30-11, 08:56 AM
corkscrew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chvid
You will probably get about the same range, with a somewhat faster speed conferred by the higher voltage, the extra watt hours being <mostly> consumed by wind resistance.
Since I see you are tending to use the vehicle in "non-hybrid" mode. I'm more of an "I love pedalling" type so our watt-hours per mile patterns aren't very comparable. I like to go a bit slower and pedal all the time, which gives me awesome range with the 1400 watt hours of energy that I have, when running parallel packs. I'm still a bit surprised by the heating you noted. Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with the performance. I found that the Terracycle dual idler screwed right into the existing AB idler mount, and I upgraded my idler. Wasn't too impressed with the Actionbent one. I got the low end "Sport?" idler..
I've only ridden in "non-hybrid" mode the once, simply because I got excited. I'm hoping to get outside again today and finish things up. Also, once I'm commuting to work I'll be going much slower too.

I replaced the idler with a toothed one from terratrike, and then put it a few inches behind where it mounted before, and a bit lower also. So far so good, was able to cut off a lot of chain tube and it seems to not be blowing up when pedaled.