dcrowell
Fat Guy Rolling

Bikes: Bacchetta Agio, 80s Raleigh Record single-speed, Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Shoulder/Neck/Back Pain

I've dealt with arthritis in my right shoulder for a while. It occasionally bothers me on long rides with drop bars.

On the 21st I rode 94 miles. My shoulder started acting up. On the 22nd I rode another 42 miles. Again, my shoulder didn't like it. Throughout the workweek following that I rode my short commute every day and a few errands. My neck was stiff, and my shoulder hurt, but it was bearable.

I had looked forward to putting some miles in over the holiday weekend. That didn't happen.

I woke up Saturday (the 28th), and was very stiff and sore. I took a shower, and had breakfast. Before I could finish eating, sitting up was torture. Holding my head up was difficult.

I spend my three-day weekend laying on my side in bed reading. It was glorious weather, yet I was stuck inside in pain.

It was a little better last night, so I dragged the recumbent out of the basement (I haven't been riding it) and prepared it for today's commute.

I rode to work today, but it still hurts to sit and hold my head up. I rode one-handed most of the time. I kept my right arm tucked up against my belly.

I made an appointment with a chiropractor. I have a doctor's appointment next week (already scheduled for something else).

I'm not asking for medical advice, just complaining. I'm good at complaining - just ask my wife.