Old 05-31-11, 08:24 PM
jvbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definitelly no ransom

Originally Posted by trustnoone
I see your point. Holding customers for ransom is rarely a good way to keep them. My LBS is a 500km round trip and I ask for a quote before I make a trip in on anything major. For me it has been a good way to do business.

Looks like LV wants more customers to shop online.
We were alerted about this post by another customer. Here is our reply:

A short one – the customer was offered to get the full refund because of the price change but he refused.

… and the complete story:
The customer ordered a bicycle, and an electric system from us. The bicycle was in stock but the electric system was not which we had to order. The same bike could be also ordered with the same system pre-installed and that would cost less. The customer did not want that for some reason. He also did not want us to install the system, which would be done at no extra charge. Another ‘slightly strange’ fact was that the customer did not want his order to be shipped which would probably cost less than traveling 1000km from Calgary, particularly taking into the account that items shipped from our store to Alberta are taxed only the GST (5%) while when they are sold at the store they are taxed at 12%, BC HST rate. Anyway, when the order was placed with the supplier we were informed that there is an additional cost for the longer cables (the particular bike required longer cables). An email was sent to the customer with that information and asking if he is okay with that. We never got an email response to the particular mail but we assumed that everything is okay because there were few emails (from the same account) and few phone calls asking if we received the electric system. When the customer came to pick-up his order he said that he was never informed about the price difference and he was insisted to get the price from the original sales order. Staff is not in the position to give discretionary discounts on finalised sales orders. They can only issue a full refund and keep the product, or sell the product with the balance paid in full. I, the owner was not there at that time and I got to the store when the Customer was ready to leave. When I heard what happened, and how he made quite a situation at the store upsetting and yelling at my staff I was insisting to provide the full refund and to not have any business. Unfortunately he just ran away screaming that we will be sorry for this.

Let me make one thing absolutely clear: when the price is quoted from JV Bike we stay behind it for 30 days. If the deposit is placed the price is guaranteed again for 30 days, or longer if there is a delay in the delivery and the customer still wants to wait for the product. There are all kind of unforeseen circumstances for which we may not be able to deliver at all or at the required price. For that reason we reserve the right to cancel the order or to change the price quote in which case the customer gets FULL REFUND OF THE DEPOSIT.

THE CUSTOMER IS NEVER FORCED INTO THE AGREEMENT THAT HE/SHE DID NOT SIGN FOR.