Old 05-31-11, 10:57 PM
powerhouse

Bikes: Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I remember a similar show that was broadcasted in the Washington D.C. area that also could have led to results that were very much alike. The subject matter started with the announcement a few of Washington D.C's busy avenues would have bicycle lanes in the middle section of the street. The remarks made over the air were about how upset some people were that the lanes would be painted there and that the middle of the street would be congested with bicyclists. Among many of the remarks that the host made over the air to the public at large about bicyclists being in the lanes, one of them was"...Run 'em down!" Complaints by bicyclists and others alike were made to the station, attempts to get financial support yanked from the show was tried. I don't know what finally happened. But to go on the radio and making suggestions to the public to endanger the lives of bicyclists is uncalled for.

P.S. In May of this year, I was in the Washington D.C. area and noticed that the bicycle lanes actually are in the middle section of the streets. However, There weren't any infuriated motorists because of this.

Last edited by powerhouse; 05-31-11 at 11:12 PM.