Old 06-01-11, 11:48 PM
lemondirgopie

Bikes: 1970 Raleigh Ladies Sports & 1987 Schwinn Voyageur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help finding a vintage touring bike!

So I've found a local guy who fixes up and resells vintage bikes. I went to test ride some bikes earlier today and definitely found some that I like, though probably not for the purpose of touring (I currently have my eye on a Peugeot that rides well, but might not be suitable for touring). Problem is the guy didn't really seem to listen to my needs of a touring bike and instead had me try what he thought I needed. So I am referring to you guys for advice.

Here is the site:
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/mcnhbc/

So here is what I ask of you: Do you see any bikes in there off the bat that would be good for touring/a 650b conversion? I would probably be somewhere in the 54-58 range as I am 5'8" (he occasionally mislabels the cm measurements, so don't take them too seriously). I realize that he overprices his bikes, but for a wide selection of good quality bikes that I can try out on the spot, I feel like it's not so horrible.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me! I'm having trouble finding information on some of the bikes, and was hoping the infinite storage of knowledge over here at BF would help. (Also I cross-posting in C&V. Hope that's not against the rules.)