View Single Post
Old 06-02-11, 08:01 PM
SaiKaiTai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Off the bike for a while. Again.

My doctor called me back in because I'm still having issues from my fall 5 weeks ago.
He felt it needed a more expert eye and sent me to an orthopedist. Saw him today
Pretty cool guy and he specializes in sports medicine.
Maybe because my doc knows I'm an avid cyclist?
Got some xrays took [sic]... I'm looking at them as he walks in for the consultation.
"My spine's got quite a curve, there", I say
He replies, "Yes... and you weren't born with that curve. That's from your fall"

Yikes!

Well, it's not all bad... muscle spasms. Serious enough to pull my spine in an "S"
The other news is a little more worrisome. I'm developing a touch of arthritis in my right hip and I have compressed L5-S1 disk. Because of that, it would have a bulge anyway but now it's inflamed enough to press on my sciatic nerve. All of it should be treatable. Took a freakin' HUGE needle ful of 'roids in my back plus got a week's worth to take home with me. AND... some Flexiril; basically, Valum.

I told him I wanted back on my now, like, now and asked if it was ruled out.
Really, I pretty good stretched out on a ride. Sure hurts after I get home, though.

He doesn't think I can do any damage and it probably does feel good so, sure, go ahead and ride... but not while I'm taking the Flexiril Seriously, that means another 3 or 4 or 5 days off the bike and that's on top of the week I've already laid off <sigh>. I'll never find a rhythm this year.