View Single Post
Old 06-18-05, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by bsyptak
Thankfully my gym is not a family gym, but so I don't have to deal with that aspect. I do however have to throw in a few comments about the ladies locker room. It isn't that any of this is really all that bad, but it is notable.

- Some women find that they must wait until the very last minute of their primping routine to put on any underwear. This is their prerogative, but come on...in some cases we really shouldn't be forced to see you. Would it be so bad to put on your bra before you dry your hair?

-Some women really do think they are all that, and make getting ready in the AM a dramatic event...day, after day, after day. Sheesh ladies, do you have to do the 'combination hair flip and giggle' in the company of your gym mates.

-Some women spread their 6 make up bags all over the vanities/hair dryer stations before their workouts so it is impossible for others to get in there, and some are down right rude when another member should be so brave as to use the space before they do....ladies, we all pay the same membership fees, so we all will use these spaces.

Really, I love my gym, but the locker room is an odd place; sort of a society all its own. Luckily I'm in and out of there in 30'.
I wasn't primping, but there were these three women that got ready at the same time I'd be heading out. I decided to talk to them one day, and we found we had a lot in common. It got to the point where we were just sitting around cracking jokes and drinking coffee for like an hour. It was the best. I was already dressed, though. We were just having some fun. And other women got in on it too- the morning group of women were a great group. We had an executive locker room for women that was inside the locker room, and the women in there would open the door and prop it open so we could all talk. Plus, they gave us the complimentary drinks from the executive room, which was cool. Then we'd all leave together for work. I really enjoyed those days.

Koffee