Old 06-06-11, 02:20 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I'm going for as much as my body will give me. I still don't know what that is! I'm nothing more than an average person athletically, but I never even knew that until last year. I was a confirmed couch potato until just a few years ago - a little round blob! I started cycling in 2006 to loose weight and get fit for an up coming major surgery. After the surgery, I got back to cycling sooner than I was supposed to because I missed it so, and I was so afraid of not being able to get back to the gains I had made up to the surgery. Seven months after the surgery I did my first triathlon. After that, I started running regularly, and now I compete - yes, compete - in 10K runs! I've done two centuries so far this year, and one Olympic distance relay triathlon (I was the runner). There is more to come. Now, I just get stronger and stronger, and I am doing things I never knew I could - even though in the larger world of athletes, I am average! To me, I'm super woman, and I love it.

I do feel I'm up against the clock. As I age, I know I'll slow down, maybe get hurt, and who knows what else. I know something like that will happen sooner than later. For now, I want what I can get, and I'm having the time of my life trying to find just how much my body will give me.

Last edited by sarals; 06-06-11 at 05:31 PM.