Old 06-07-11, 01:32 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,461 Posts
Barrettscv, This is a very well done poll showing creativity to cover a topic done many times before but always interesting to do over.

I checked Masters Level Racing. I have always been an athlete and love competition. I restarted my cycling in 2006 and started racing in 2007. I upgraded from Cat 5 to Cat 4 in both road and track primarily so that I could race in masters events. Some masters events preclude Cat 5 racers. Last year, I had a long racing season that started with the San Bruno Hill Climb on January 1st and concluded on November 5th with Masters Track Worlds in Anadia, Portugal. This was too long of a season with too many races but I learned what I like and what I am good at. Although, I could race with the lead group in road races and crits, my best races are the 2K pusuit, the team pusuit, team sprint and 500 meters at the track.

My best performance was a silver medal in team pursuit at Masters Track US Nationals in Frisco, TX.

The Australians did a study of track cyclists and came up with a set of metrics for body type, height, weight and power. My height, weight and power / style is perfect for pursuit and team pursuit. Based upon my own experience plus the Aussie study to an extent, I am focusing on track racing this year and I have held back on racing and hard training until this past month. The track championship season is approaching and my focus in on the state and US nationals championships. Hopefully, I will do better than a silver medal this year.

However, the main point is I am having a lot of fun, meeting new people and staying fit.