Old 06-07-11, 09:09 PM
Bioluminescence
Still a newb.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saddle advice?

So I'm looking at getting a new saddle for my bike, but I'm not thrilled at shelling out much more than $30-50 for one. I know that may sound a little cheap, but my parents (15 year old guy here) were hesitant of the idea of me spending a little over $200 for a bike. I have found two options that seem decent, though I'm not sure which one I'd be better off with.

The first one is off of Nashbar, it's their GR2 Saddle. Seems to get nice reviews, and having been pleased with Nashbar products before, I figure I might try that one as well.

The other option is a used Fizik Arione saddle I could pick up for around $40-60 on Craigslist. I don't know much about it (haven't contacted the guy yet), and I don't think my parents would be happy about driving an hour and a half into Chicago. The biggest problem I have with this is the concept of 'breaking in' a saddle, and this one appears to be worn in pretty well.

In my position, which option would you go with? (I'd be completely open to alternate options as well, provided they're within my measly price range please )

Thanks in advance!