Old 06-08-11, 05:40 PM
shooter5635

Bikes: '07 Diamondback Response Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cranks going...

Hey all! I'm new here, and unfortunately i come with a problem...

I bought a '07 Diamondback Response Sport when i graduated 8th grade, and even though i barely ride it anymore i am taking it with me to college in the fall and i want it in top riding condition.

Now, i haven't ridden the bike in about a year, but the problem i was having was the crank would slowly come loose. If i remember correctly, i only tightened it up once or maybe twice, but im unsure. (I'm kicking myself in the butt because this started after i took the bike in for service, but i didnt know any better to take it back since it was the kids fault who took the crank apart and didnt tighten it enough... so its long out of warranty)

Now i've read that once it comes loose once, your pretty much SOL and your on your way to having to buy a new crank.

I dont need a $200 crank, but i dont want another piece of garbage that the same thing will happen with. I use the bike on mild trails, street riding, and regular everyday use. Im looking for some suggestions, since i know nothing about bikes and i dont trust my local shop.

Also, all the terminology is still very new to me, I work on cars not bikes lol so if you could do a little explaining along the way that would be excellent.

Much appreciated!