Old 06-09-11, 04:57 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2936 Post(s)
Liked 2,933 Times in 1,496 Posts
Say Goodbye to the MAFAcs or OY what a build

perhaps I need to work in a shop again and get used to real maintenance/build problems, but this Hetchins is really tasking my patience.

With not much else to do today, I decided to 'fit' the rear fender. the Woody's Ready to Ship fenders don't come with the brake bridge brace attached, you need to mark and drill it yourself. guess what? YESSSSssss about 5mm out of place . despite my lack of woodworking skills I over came that issue. I also managed to get the Chorus era FD to work with the fender, but I still want to change it for something to match the RD. I just made a deal with a fellow C&Ver and it should be in the mail tomorrow.

Alright the brakes. despite having 5 bikes with cantilevers I never liked to and therefore was never super good at adjusting them. I found the Mafacs to be the same way. as stated in the previous post, I don't think I can find a cable hanger to fit the seat binder, as there is no space behind it, so that was like the 5th nail in the Mafac coffin. then this afternoon on a brief test ride, despite the 95+ heat, while going down a shot but steepish incline (only about 1/2 a block) to a stop sign the unthinkable happened. that is right, and only I can take the blame, the straddle cable popped off the front brake. that made for a bit of interesting fun, but I got stopped OK.

So now I am back on the hunt for brakes. I do think I am just going to save myself alot of hassles and get the Tektros and be done with it. OK enough chit/chat here are a few pics.

those fabulous 'Vibrant Stays'

nice handlebars, and a real headbadge

the steering equipment

Woodys "Variation on a Sufer Theme" fenders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0563.jpg (101.1 KB, 36 views)
DSC_0565.jpg (101.6 KB, 35 views)
DSC_0564.jpg (105.3 KB, 35 views)
DSC_0567.jpg (98.1 KB, 36 views)
DSC_0562.jpg (100.5 KB, 330 views)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 06-09-11 at 05:05 PM.