KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by custermustache
First, you are being racist to assume it's stolen. Old men sell stuff all of the time, and I have bought my share of bikes for fractions of their "true" value - because lots of people see old bikes as old bikes. So this guy is a liar, because he doesn't speak English?

And as to ripping him off - this bike was transportation, nothing more. Now he has good transportation that he can reasonably depend on, rather than and old bike with nearly flat tires and rock hard brake pads - money for adjustment? Give me a break.

I certainly hope that you negative nellies Paid full value for everything and never used your unique hard won knowledge to your advantage, for obviously that is bad behavior.
LMAO at now he has good transportation. How generous of you.

The only opinion and stereotype I have of Mexicans, from WORKING with them, going to bars with them after work, and LIVING with them is what wonderful people they were and how much I respected their values and desire to improve their lives and that of their families. They remind me of my immigrant grand father...who barely spoke English. My thinking the bike is likely stolen has nothing to do with them being Mexican and everything to do with the particulars...that he had no idea what it was and traded it for a Magna because someone took advantage of him.

Sorry...but I'm calling BS. Everyone here knows bikes like Raleigh Internationals might not be valued, but the owners don't give them away either. When they are sold at estate sales, the seller and buyer usually at least know it's a nice bike. Is it possible everything is legit? Sure. I have an abandoned Merckx...crazy things happen.

Last edited by KonAaron Snake; 06-11-11 at 10:43 PM.