View Single Post
Old 06-12-11, 05:43 AM
Bosock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do not have any personal experience with those two bikes; however, i can tell you that i have owned a trek and a specialized and specialized seems to pay attention to the most minor details and i have not seen that in trek. With that said both are good bikes and that is why they are two of the top 10 bike manufacturers. Specialized has gone up in price but this is pretty consistent across the board. I think they are pretty competitive with the various price points when you look at specs and quality of work. I remember when i went looking to get a new endurance bike most of the feedback from the forum and fellow riders was specialized was a non-caring big manufacturer with over priced bikes. Everyone said look at the Cervelo, Look, and a few others. After riding and looking at the bikes i came back to the specialized Roubaix everytime...spec and price wise was the best...plus it jumped seemed to fit the best. Personally everything i have purchased with the specialized logo has been of the highest quality and priced competitively.

Now I do not mean to be telling you to go with specialized with the above rant. I am just saying people will dog them because they are a big company. You need to ride all the bikes you are interested in and go with the one that fits you the best or you feel you will enjoy the most. If you ride it and ride it often you made the best purchase and got the right bike.