View Single Post
Old 06-12-11, 09:59 AM
Andiroo99
Brit Rider

Bikes: Mercian King of Mercia (1983), Balance XR-550 (1993), Surly Cross Check, 1948 Condor British steel lightweight.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hi

I am looking for a 5 or 6 speed Suntour group for my 1983 Mercian King of Mercia Touring rebuild. I only have a frame and fork.

You can see multiple pics here: http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...fleur/Mercian/

Despite the age the bike she will run 700c wheels. It has horizontal campag drop outs. These are set at 120mm but with a bit of a flex i guess i might be able to pop in a 6 speed.

I am going to need:

Fixed wheel - ideally something like a 13,15,18,22,28 spread as nice even spread.
Rear Derailleur
Front Derailleur
BB
Crankset - i was thinking a two rings 46/50. I might be tempted by a triple if it would work well with everything else.
Chain
Hubs
DT Friction Shifters
Brake levers
Brakes
Brake hangers etc
Headset

If you have wheels also interested in these. If you have made up / can make up with Hubs and freewheels etc even better.

Ditto with seat posts, and bars, stems etc. If it interesting i might be tempted.

Drivetrain needs to be in great shape and either NOS, refurbed or just in great shape. I would prefer parts fitting with the handmade frame - so needs to be upper tier Suntour throughout.

Let me know what you have / what you think.

Andy