Old 06-12-11, 06:52 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
June 12th Update (10,057)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

Note: Yes, it's once again been nearly 2 weeks since my last summary. However, sometimes the words just don't flow... and sometimes I also get busy with other 'stuff'.

-------------------------------------

Our ’98 Erickson: All Dressed-Up & Ready to GO!

As mentioned in last Wednesday’s blog entry soliciting leads for a small performance tandem to support a Paralympic team’s trip to the US Nationals in Augusta, Georgia, we offered up our ’98 Erickson and it apparently will fit the bill, so to speak. So, the Erickson has been given the once over and re-fitted with [...] Read more…

An Amazing Contrast In Motorsports (Bloggishnish)

What an amazing contrast in the different racing forms that are Formula 1 and NASCAR during today’s parallel running of the Grand Prix of Canada and NASCAR’s 5-Hour Energy 500 at Pocono Raceway. You can see it in the names of the events, in their Websites, the fan discussion forums, and even in how the [...] Read more…

Speedplay Frog Pedals: Titanium Axle Model Owners Beware….

If you’re a Speedplay Frog pedal fan and own a set of the high-end, uber-light Titanium axle models, if and when you need to do a pedal body rebuild you will discover that the standard replacement Frog pedal bodies don’t fit. It’s not the end of the world, but it can come as a rude [...] Read more…

The New PeriScope Debuts Back in Poland…

Ah, the miracle of modern transportation and take-apart tandems…. The very same, brand new Co-Motion PeriScope tandem that was put together for last week’s Tennessee Tandem Rally and its owners — David, Christen and Audrey — have safely arrived back in Lotz, Poland and has taken to the road already, based on a FB posting [...] Read more…

2011 Tennessee Tandem Rally… Part 2 of 2

A follow-on from Part 1 Saturday In The Park: Saturday once again saw the weather shaping up to be sunny and hot just like Friday. After breakfast at the Hilton it was out to the entry way for the mass start. Did I mention how much I like mass starts for tandem rallies? Simply [...] Read more…

2011 Tennessee Tandem Rally… Part 1 of 2

Introduction Well, we’ve now attended our 9th of 9 Tennessee Tandem Rallies and as always, we got to spend time with a lot of old friends, met new friends, ride a few miles, and otherwise have a grand time. TTR sets the benchmark for pulling off an exceptional rally and while making it look easy…. [...] Read more…

Attn Georgian’s: Small Performance Tandem Needed for Paralympic Road Natl’s

Posting this for a team traveling to Augusta, Georgia for the Paralympic Road Nationals the week of 20-26 June. The two 5’7″ women are looking for a contemporary, small-size (52cm – 54cm), lighter-weight performance tandem they can borrow or rent for their use during the event. If you live in North Georgia and/or Eastern Tennessee [...] Read more…

A Note From Larry Black… Classic Rendezvous Weekend

A few weeks back I’d shared some notes with Larry Black of Mt. Airy / College Park Cyclery regarding Paketa tandems and learned that he’d be coming through our neck of the woods. Sadly, the timing fell on top of the Georgia Tandem Rally weekend so our paths wouldn’t quite cross at the right time [...] Read more…

2011 Georgia Tandem Rally – Photo Collections

As a follow-up to my Georgia Tandem Rally report back on May 22nd, a few new photos (like 349 or there abouts) have been posted by GTR Co-Chairs Roger & Eve to their Shutterfly Account that you can find HERE. Roger has also created something of a short photo / video collage entitled the 90-Second [...] Read more…

Georgia “Better Bicycling Bill” Signed & Becomes Effective on July 1st, 2011

House Bill 101, (HB 101), also called the Better Bicycling Bill, was signed into law back on May 11th and will become the law of the land on July 1st. The key feature of the bill that had most cycling advocates pushing for its approval was quantifying the phrase “safe passing distance” to be three [...] Read more…