View Single Post
Old 06-13-11, 08:37 AM
DC_United_Fan

Bikes: IRO SS / Trek 2.1 / Trek 5.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I spent 23 years in the Air Force and despite the need to remain active in order to pass my yearly PT test, I managed to smoke and drink my way through my entire career. I retired in 2008 and took a civilian position where I promptly went from 170lbs to 204lbs in about 9 months. Finally in May of 2010 I got sick of what I saw in the mirror and started running, which lead to me quitting smoking. I wasn't able to run every day due to injury problems so I bought a Trek road bike and started using it to cross train from running. Then I built up a SS to commute on and made cycling part of my everyday life. Soon enough it became my lifestyle. Now I call myself a reformed runner on a 12 step cycling program. Somewhere along the way I managed to loose 70 lbs and have never felt more healthy in my life.

So, at 46 years old I'm the owner of a Cat 5 license so new the ink still drips when I pull it out of my wallet, and a hot rod little Trek Madone that's way faster than I'll ever be. I'm mixing it up, handlebar to handlebar with guys half my age and loving every second of it!

Last edited by DC_United_Fan; 06-13-11 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling