View Single Post
Old 06-06-01, 08:21 AM
aerobat
Love Me....Love My Bike!

Bikes: Bikes: Giant hybrid, Trek 4500, Cannondale R800 Some commuting 20mi/day, mostly fitness riding - 20-50 mile rides

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm always a lot hungrier too, when I'm riding regularly, and sometimes that's a problem at work where there's not always the most nutritious snacks around. It pays to plan ahead and try to have my own food there so I don't just fill up on "empty" calories.

Like Pete, I'm more aware of the foods I eat and try to eat stuff that's going to do me some good on the bike. Pasta is something that I'm eating more of for the carbs.

I like to have powerbars etc. around for that quick intake of protein and carbs, as Pete mentioned in another thread, to take advantage of that recovery window a short period after the ride. I read the labels though, to try and get the best bang for the buck as far as nutritional value goes.

Technogirl, you're right about the metabolism slowing down. I've really noticed it the last couple of years and have to watch what I eat carefully. It's hard after years of being a BIG eater!