Old 06-13-11, 08:35 PM
the cyclops

Bikes: 2010 Jamis allegro 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wrecked the JAMIS...

Well went out for an easy ride as I ran 3 miles pushing my 3 year old son earlier today,so figured I would just do 10 or so easy miles and take some pics also.Went down a 1.5mile greenway,up by the lake,up through town,by the golf course,made a loop and came back.
On the last mile coming back up the greenway I decided to "hammerdown" for a good sprint at the end.I come around the corner and about 1/10 of a mile in front of me I can see an old man in on my side of the greenway(the correct lane) and his lil dog peeing in the grass,off the leash,on the other side of the greenway.I knew I had more than enough room to get between the dog and his owner,and as I am about 5ft-7ft from going in between them...I realize he is not off the leash,but on one of the retractable paper thin fishing line leashes stretched all the way across the greenway and I had no where to go.I locked it up,the back tire kicked to my right and "stuck"in the pavement sending me and the bike tumbling...hole in my right hand,skinned up elbow,bent front derailleur,and bent both supports for the rear rack...Owner of the dog said he didnt hear me coming.He was old so I just got up,brushed off,licked my wounds and here I am...gonna post pics of the ride(and it was a beautiful ride) in just a few minutes.