View Single Post
Old 06-13-11, 09:15 PM
DAVE052648

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nu-Teck Airless Tires

I purchased a set of Nu-Teck Airless Tires through their website. The tire size was 26 X 1 3/8 for an older 3 speed English bike. The tires arrived and although marked as the right size, were too small. This was confirmed by an experienced bike shop. I returned the tires and spoke to someone at Nu-Teck right before Easter 2011 and they agreed to resolve the problem and that was only because of the complaint I filed with Pay Pal. I foolishly took them at their word and let my complaint close. I have not heard from them since, the tires cost $87.00 and return shipping $13.00. I've contacted the Colorado Attorney General and Better Business Bureau all to no avail. At this point I'd be inclined to say Nu-Teck Airless Tires prove to be slippery whether you get to ride on them or not. Since then I've learned that tire sizing is not necessarily universal or at least with these 26" tires and I'm sure we could have overcome this problem even if we substituted pneumatic tires. Either way there is no excuse for fraud, Buyer Beware, especially when dealing with Nu-Teck.