Old 06-15-11, 09:47 PM
Oregon Southpaw
Larger Chainring

Bikes: 1988 Schwinn Circuit. Bike-Boom-Puegeot. First "real bike" Trek 720 Hybrid in gross disrepair.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Waterford Pilgrimmage: Worth It? (Dorky Schwinn Content Within)

Good evening.

So after some deliberation, the family vacation is taking place in Heyward, Wisconsin. How the family planning board decided this is beyond me, since Minneapolis, MN was close in the running and I was already plotting and planning bike and beer adventures...but anyway I'm not the decider so I go where they tell me to.

It would be a serious trip from Heyward to Waterford. And I'm the only one in the family that has more than a slightly passing interest in bikes.

Here's the other thing: I'm obviously into the Schwinn "thing", in fact I got so obsessed with their story a few years back I decided I wanted to write a fictional account of some of what I thought were important parts of the history. So much of the lore has been swirling around my brain pretty much non-stop since this project started, and I figured I kind of owe it to myself to see where the story that started with Ignaz so many years ago and weaved so interestingly through history is currently in this decidedly different time.

I'm sort of realistic here, all of this stuff is going to bore my family to tears, and from the looks of it, its basically an oversized garage. I like the Waterford bikes, obviously, but I'm in no way shape or form able to purchase one. I see they offer bike fitting services. Anyway I plan on getting ahead of them way ahead of time to see if its even reasonable. Just soliciting your opinions and experiences.

To quantify how I feel about the subject, this is my bedroom: