View Single Post
Old 06-16-11, 07:54 AM
canyoneagle

Bikes: Vassago Moosknuckle Ti 29+ XTR, 90's Merckx Corsa-01 9sp Record, PROJECT: 1954 Frejus SuperCorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by brownfield
I've been looking at a few different bikes and would like some input from anyone who's ridden any of them. I'm looking at the Raleigh Record Ace, Masi Gran Criterium and the Bianchi Vigorelli, all 2011 models. What would your choice be and why? Also, recommendations are welcome, however, I'm not looking for a custom frame I have to build up with components. Thanks
fixed the links for ya ^

There's no real reason to NOT get a nice quality steel bike. Of the ones you listed, I like the Raleigh. Good component spec and a nice frame. The Masi comes in at a close second.

Not to shill, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point this one out: Lugged Reynolds 725 frame with full Ultegra and Ksyrium Elites for under $1500. Get new bars/stem and saddle/seatpost and it would be a really sweet ride for well under 2 grand.

Otherwise, if you are considering the Masi at nearly 2 grand, why not consider building up a Soma Stanyan? Build kits are readily available at good prices, and if you are not comfortable building it yourself, your LBS should offer a service to do just that. Just sayin'