Walter
SLJ 6/8/65-5/2/07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by canyoneagle
fixed the links for ya ^

There's no real reason to NOT get a nice quality steel bike. Of the ones you listed, I like the Raleigh. Good component spec and a nice frame. The Masi comes in at a close second.

Not to shill, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point this one out: Lugged Reynolds 725 frame with full Ultegra and Ksyrium Elites for under $1500. Get new bars/stem and saddle/seatpost and it would be a really sweet ride for well under 2 grand.

Otherwise, if you are considering the Masi at nearly 2 grand, why not consider building up a Soma Stanyan? Build kits are readily available at good prices, and if you are not comfortable building it yourself, your LBS should offer a service to do just that. Just sayin'
I'd re-order the list a little bit. The Bianchi has the nicest frame. I really like the looks of the Masi. It's a shame they took the storied name of Masi Cran Criterium and used a 525 frame. But then I feel about the current Masi the way others feel about BikesDirect. Some names have meaning and what happened to Masi is a shame.

CanyonEagle is correct about the BD bike. Best deal of the bunch by far and is a clean looking bike.

I have a LeMond with Reynolds 853 frame which I like alot. LeMonds are gone but if you can find a 853 frame you'd be on your way to a really nice bike.