Old 06-16-11, 10:06 AM
somedood

Bikes: Ibex Xray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluefoxicy
I'm having issues where if I bike to work a lot, I can't get up in the morning eventually. I need a day or so off of it or I start sleeping for 12 hours trying to recover. Diet varies; some days I'm just not hungry at all, usually I'm on a pretty normal diet ... when i started, I ate three times as much!

Is it normal to bike around for 4 days and wake up progressively more exhausted and sore?
How far is your commute and how long have you been doing it for?

If your body is telling you to take a rest day, you should do it. Right now, for me, I sleep much better when riding. My commute is really short, 4mi. one way. I get up early in the mornings 2-3 times a week for training rides as well with rides at least 24mi+ and are usually around 1600+ feet of climbing. Those nights I fall asleep earlier than I would otherwise.

If you are pushing your body it will need rest to help recover, especially if you are riding longer distances during the week. Try giving yourself a rest day, and give yourself at least one of those 4 rides as a recovery ride where you aren't pushing as hard.

Last edited by somedood; 06-16-11 at 10:11 AM.