View Single Post
Old 06-17-11, 02:50 PM
IAmCosmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jethro56
Rode a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 this morning. It was fast and smooth but I didn't fall in love with it. The vertical compliance was great but the lateral stiffness was wormy.It also made a irritating creaking noise from the seatpost that the LBS was unable to correct. The rear deraileur was very slow to shift when going to a smaller sprocket. They said I wasn't shifting properly could be. Riding into a 12 mph headwind was much easier down in the drops. You would have gotten a good chuckle watching me climbing hills out of the saddle. I was weaving 2 feet back and forth because of not being used to the hoods.

If speed and efficiency where my priorities it would be a good choice but with it's lack of braze ons and a spoke count of 20, I believe I'm still looking.
Really? I found the one Synapse I rode to be very stiff laterally. At least as stiff as my Tarmac, which I can't flex no matter how hard I try.

And, the 20 spokes shouldn't bother you. Especially at 214 lbs. I've got about 45 pounds on you and I have no problem with 20 spoke wheels. If you want more braze ons, you are out of luck of course.