View Single Post
Old 06-20-05, 11:16 PM
vobopl
re:member

Bikes: unknown make TT bike, fixed; Romet Sport, gone; titanium Pinarello gone;Colnago with Campy C-Record/Super Record,on it's way; Funny Gianni Motta; Buehler track, Polrad track chrome; titanium MTB on 28'', fixed; Tri Wheeler, fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tackleberry
Hi there, I've got a campagnolo daytona 10 speed group with record carbon ergolevers, I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand pair of Mavic Cosmic Carbons but most on offer have shimano blocks, so I've two questions:

1. Will shimano 10 speed cassettes work with campagnolo 10 speed groupsets?

2. If not, have you heard of the Mavic M10 Cassette? It seems to be shimano splined but campag on the outside! Do these work just as well?

Oh, and I'm a pretty big guy and was wondering if theres a max weight recommendation for these carbon wheels, most of the riding will be on fast, flat courses and shouldn't be too punishing.

Thanks for your help
1. Not really. You wouldn't have the smooth, sure action of all Campy (or all Shimano) with spacing .2 off - it makes 1 mm difference at the limits if you adjust perfectly for the middle two cogs.
2. Yes, make sure you have Campy specific set of cog spacers for Mavic casette (they should come with two, differently coloured spacer sets)

Cheers,
v.