Old 06-20-11, 01:00 AM
snarkypup

Bikes: 1969 Raleigh Sports: The Root Beer Bomber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best dark blue?

So the frameset and other paintable bits for my "dream bike" are going to be arriving soon, courtesy of Mr. Lerner. A ladies Raleigh Sports frameset, fenders and chainguard. I will be having these painted, as I will be building up my very first totally-what-I-want-from-the-start Official Frankenbike. Purists can scoff, but that's okay. There are enough Raleigh Sports in the world that I'm not feeling guilty about painting this one a color I love. And Neal assures me it's not in mint condition .

Since it's going to be Dream Bike, I want to paint it a dreamy DARK blue. I have a good paint place in mind already, and will be going for some silver pinstripe detailing, and eventually a custom silvery headbadge. I forsee a dark brown Brooks and dark brown grips, but everything else will be dark blue, or chromy-silvery. I have reviewed the entirety of the Blue French Bike thread, but those blues are so... medium and light. I want darker. More navy... not quite midnight (I don't like the blues so dark they look black).

Anyone have a beautiful dark blue bike for my style file? Any year, any model. I just want to see the blues. Bring 'em on!