Old 06-20-11, 02:24 AM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
I've only tried Mr. Tuffy and some brand that was recycled milk bottles back in the mid 90s. Enviro recycle liners are about like you describe the Slime - don't stop much. I have Mr. Tuffies that are about 13 years old. They do get a tad stiffer but I haven't had one cut a tube because of it yet. A couple of years ago my oldest pair got so wavy it was tough to keep them over the tread part of the tire so I rolled them up for a couple of months and they were straight again.

I'm curious to try Panaracer's liners in my road tires. Twice the price of Mr. Tuffies, have no idea how well they work tho.

Sorry I've no experience with the Stop Flats.

Spin Skins is another offering. Haven't tried those either.
Thanks for your response.

What kind of tire pressures do you use? I can't be bothered with studded tires for winter, but I do drop down to super low pressures (which I can do without pinch flatting because I only weigh 130 lbs). Or maybe the liners I had were Stop Flats brand and they weren't as good as the Tuffys?

Also have you recently purchased Mr Tuffy or are they all over 10 years old?

As to Kevlar liners like Panracer and Spin Skins, I'm generally not interested because I try to also use tires with a built in kevlar belt when possible. I figure it's better to diversify so that whatever is the weakness of one material will be potentially the strength of another.