View Single Post
Old 06-21-05, 09:10 AM
king koeller
BIKE MECHANIC

Bikes: 1975 Full Campy N.R. Centurian Super Lemans,1984 Focus Vintage pre susp. mountain, hardtail,suntour xc sport, many treks, diamondbacks, and, 1950' crusier J.C.Higgins,triex (road) and kakakura silk (road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First of all is your approach one of love or of nagging? If she loved you she would be open to it already, but the fact that you are asking all of us means she's not into it.
I would get her the best seat money could buy designed for a womens wider pelvic structure, up right hybrid bars, go on easy rides , and never, I repete never, drop her.
If you so much as leave her in the dust for even a split second she'll feel like
("screw you buddy, that's it .. no more or cycling for me...ever')..
Go on slower rides where-as the two of you can talk and observe the scenery, instead of all-out "ball's to the walls" rides that are more for training. I LIKE THE DESTINATION IDEA.
Have a place to look foward to.
Maybe a "Starbucks" for some cafe latte instead of just riding around for nothing.
That gives her a purpose to the ride, women are very practical.
Most men enjoy Cycling for the sence of adventure, freedom,the thrill of speed, the wind on your face...
I could be mistaken, but it seems that Women need an end result. "Fitness, Destination, Fashion"
Together, it can be so much more fun!
Good luck!

Last edited by king koeller; 06-21-05 at 09:20 AM.