View Single Post
Old 06-21-11, 02:24 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Investing In Yourself

Thank you Platy for reminding me of this. I should look into classes at Home Depot if they're still offering them. I want to do some framing and insulation work on a trailer home. Learning to do it myself would save a ton of money. Even learning about wiring would be beneficial for my future project.

Slowly I'm learning computer skills. Most of them are within programs. I really don't have the desire to learn programming code. Right now I'm getting familiar with using Linux. I really need to learn how to do FTP (uploading web sites and modifying them). These skills are for creating a web site that one day will earn some money for me.

Creating my own source of income would simplify my life in many ways.

Investing time to gain knowledge that you know will benefit you is probably the best investment there could ever be. Some people think a college education is beneficial. I think the cost to benefit ratio of a college education is too high these days.

Learning how to build a house, fix your vehicles, and cook great foods, are all very useful things to know these days.