Old 06-22-11, 12:44 PM
estciclista
likes bikes

Bikes: Bianchi '88 Road Bike, Trek Allant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the great info Bianchigirll! I had no idea that this wasn't a Campione Del Mondo. Very good to know (btw: I am based in the US, in VT).

Also great to know I paid a reasonable price. The original owner wanted $250, and I thought it was worth it, but I didn't want to go that high since I knew that I would want to get a new saddle and due to the paint being crackled.

I think you are correct about the brakes being original. To my knowledge, the only parts that were changed are the crank and Rally. And on that note, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Campy parts. I only know that they are legend. :-)

Can you explain why/how the Rally is preferred for a triple? I had heard this before but didn't know why...

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Hello estciclista, welcome to the forums. we will give you all the help we can. I think you did great for $175, alot of Celeste Columbus tubed Biachis go for much more.

you bike is not however a Campione del Mondo. that sticker was placed on thousands of Bianchis (as allowed but rules) after a Bianchi Team rider again won the World Championships in 1986 in Colorado. the model decals were prone to come off easily on these bikes, and as you see they were prone to that crackling in the paint too.

that Columbus Formula Two frame was used for several models in '88, and that style Bianchi decal was used (your in the US right?) in '88/89 and most of the Italian '90s. the frame could be one of several models and since there is no way of knowing what parts are original (if any I would say the Victory brake calipers and seat post). the Formula Two frames and very nice and have a wonderful ride.

I love how they installed this Rally to go with the triple cranks very nice touch.

Last edited by estciclista; 06-22-11 at 01:05 PM.