View Single Post
Old 06-23-11, 01:54 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
A "Fun" Encounter Today

Today as I was coming home from my usual (albeit slightly shortened) ride. I was stopped at a red light. When I have a rather impatient gal pull up behind me wanting to make a right hand turn on red.

She starts both honking her horn and trying to inch up on me. I guess she thought that she could intimidate me into moving out of her way. At one point I just turn and say "Where do you want me to go?" She responds with "I'm turning."

Had she been both polite and patient about it, I would have been willing to move ot my left to allow her to pass. But given her behavior I was not inclined to make things easier on her by moving from my position.

She resumes both her honking and inching forward. Finally she has inched forward enough to make her right turn. Given the slow speed with which she was "forced" to make her right turn I knew that I was in no danger from her and her close passing of me.

I just had to laugh at her inpatients and how she was the cause of her not being able to make her turn when she felt that she had the "right" to do so.

The "fun" part is I can only imagine what story she told to her friends and family about the "rude" cyclist who didn't allow her to make her turn.