2ndGen
CAADdict

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9-?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crash716
I've owned both…probably one of the few in this thread that has ridden and raced both…

the 10, as it stands in my eyes is better, because i've ridden both, more than a trip around the parking lot at the local bike shop in flip flops. the 10 is lighter, stiffer and easier on the back after the miles than the 9 was.

of course everyone that owns the 9 will continue to argue the "it's not made in the USA so it must be worse" statement…so what, all your technology is made overseas too, does that mean it's sub-par…nope, keep drinking your koolaid.

as far as the bottom bracket issues…how many cases are there that you know of personally with the 10? I know of 3 people that had BB30 issues with a Caad9…and i still bought one, mine was fine, so far, with almost over 5k on the frame i have ZERO issues with anything.
A) I agree, the CAAD10 is objectively "better"
B) Only the 10's seem to be having the BB problems. (See WW's)
C) The CAAD9 is a better made bike period and will outlast the 10 merely by "how" it was constructed
(metal workers do not lie). And, it has a proven track record for us to reflect upon.
D) The CAAD10 is still unproven. It "just" came out. No one can say how well it will do years from now.
To say it will do will is purely conjecture.
E) It is unfair to compare a 10 to a 9. The 9 is a baby. While it performs better and that is undeniable, it's quality is still suspect.