View Single Post
Old 06-23-11, 11:58 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by adablduya
i do this myself. quite frankly, i can't think of a reason NOT to. i'm a believer in cooperating with motorists when possible; i don't take the full lane unless i NEED to, not simply because i'm entitled to it. also, positioning myself at an intersection such that cars can make a right on red, in my opinion, goes well in the direction of creating goodwill with motorists. why not do that when we can ? we're the ones who benefit ....
As I said normally I do so myself, but this is a road with a substandard outside lane and pretty much no matter where I position myself a right turning car isn't going to have much room with which to pass a cyclist who is the first vehicle at the light.

Also as I had said had she been more polite about it I would have been willing to move further to the left side of the lane in order to try and allow her to pass. Also had I been in a car or on a motorcycle she still would have had had to wait for the light to change before she could turn right.

And just because we're riding a bike that is stopped at a traffic light why should we be treated any differently than any other vehicle that was first in line?