View Single Post
Old 06-23-11, 12:31 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
I usually stop in a position in the middle or slightly to the left of the "through lane" traffic line. If someone is going straight, they have to tuck in behind me. If there is enough room to turn right behind me, fine. I usually stop far enough back that I can move up and to the left if someone approaches from behind with their right blinker on (I watch in my rear view mirror). No blinker? I assume the car is going straight and I won't move. Too bad, so sad.
Exactly, if they're going straight they have to wait their turn for the light to change and for me to start moving before they can start moving themselves. If the lane is wide enough I'll position myself far enough to the left so that right turning traffic can safely make it's right turn.

IF however the lane is not wide enough and/or the driver is behaving like a horse's ass, I am not going to accommodate them. They can just sit there and wait for the light to change like they would if I was in a car or on a motorcycle. And just because they're in a hurry that doesn't mean that I am going to put my safety at risk.