View Single Post
Old 06-23-11, 12:51 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwerelos
Exactly! And I hate it when a car squeezes by a line of cars by driving in the bike lane and then encounters me at the limit line. They act like they have the right to drive in the bike lane but I don't have the right to be stopped at my own bike lane limit line.
Agreed, or they feel that they can park their car in the bike lane. I've seen that as well. And I'm not talking about someone who has just pulled over to pickup or drop off a passenger, but a car that is parked in the bike lane. A year or so ago I saw a guy who had pulled over into the bike lane so that he could use his cell phone. Granted he get's points for pulling to the side of the road before using his cell phone. But he looses most if not all of them for stopping in the bike lane. Particularly considering there was on street parking just before where he'd stopped to use his cell phone.

However, based on your picture I might (just might) have rolled through the cross walk and waited next to the little island between the straight go-ers and the turn lane. Not that you should have to, but it would make it easier to take the lane on the other side of the intersection because there is no bike lane and no room to share the lane.
Actually there was a "gutter bunny" who had done just that. At first I thought that he was planning on just running the red light. Which eventually he did do. The left turn arrow lit up and traffic made it's left turn. And before the light turned green he proceeds through the intersection.

Edit: And I mean rolled up to the island initially, not at the promptings of an ***hole!
I got that. As I said had she been polite I would have been willing to try to accommodate her, but because she was being a rude horses ass I didn't feel the need to try to accommodate her.