Old 06-24-11, 10:37 AM
bluefoxicy

Bikes: 2010 GT Tachyon 3.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roughstuff
I love cycling and I love the WSJ, so the article was a double whammy.
Eh, get back to me when The Rolling Stone does an article. Did you see their 8 page Goldman Sachs rant? It opened like this:

The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.
It pretty much goes like that for 8 pages.

Still, WSJ does have some style to it.

Bikes are New York fringe? Email your friends. Ask how many of them own bikes. Then ask how many of them own cars. If more of them say they own cars, look out the window. You live in Connecticut.
Funny, and also a good point. New York City especially is so urbanized they're beyond ... what is that term? "Peak car"? The point where you've exceeded the peak capacity of the world to support a thing. Think 37 story apartment complexes, and then they all go to work, and all those cars ........ are going nowhere, what the hell? You seriously think the streets can handle that many cars commuting to work without being 18 lanes wide?

Cars are unsustainable as commuting machines. Motorcycles for fast distance commute or bicycles for quick short distance commute. Cars are for passengers and freight.

Edit: Also the comments.

Now if we can just riders off the sidewalks. Hey Delivery Guy! You CAN ride in the street. Your mom said it's okay!

Last edited by bluefoxicy; 06-24-11 at 10:40 AM.