View Single Post
Old 06-29-11, 02:09 PM
3kidsmanywheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should I buy this trailer?

Burley d'lite? the owner says they purchased it in 2002 so I guess I have to assume it was manufactured around 01/02? (btw, how can you tell the DOM?)

We have 3 kids (5,3,1) and are looking to get into biking as a family to become more active and physically fit. I think we've narrowed down our search to a trailer for the younger 2 and a TAB for the 5yo.Since we're new to this I'm leary of investing a large amount of money, but I do not want to waste any money on something we'll hate that will make it harder for us to enjoy and do regularly/for life, kwim?

So, I've narrowed our search further to Burley and Chariot (although, Burley prices are more appealing at this point). I found the Burley d'lite locally for sale for $375 (cdn) and I'm wondering if:

1) is that fair for that age of trailer (I know the resale on Burley is good, but I have no idea of fair market value or what it would have been worth new that long ago)
2) should I just consider a bee new for $460?
3) should I consider something else?

Help please Thanks!