View Single Post
Old 07-01-11, 12:25 AM
epic.legacy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give you guys that update I promised (cutting it close to then end of the day, but alas...). I went and got the spacers, 3 bucks a pop, even though the guy told me 2 yesterday, buy anyway. I realize now I probably could've gone to the hardware store and found something cheaper. Oh well. Put those puppies on the axle and I'm good to go! Finally riding my bike with a wheel that has an axle that will rest in the dropouts! Everything looks good right now, the wheel is finally center, which is amazing! No more rubbing on the chainstays ever! I know it's a small thing, but I'm super excited that I was able to get this down with help from you guys so thanks again for all the help!

Burton, I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm sure you're right about getting a hub, but I don't have the money nor have I learned how to build a wheel yet from a hub. I figured my best bet was to find a long enough axle and fill the gaps with spacers. I mean, that's the beauty about bikes, right? Even a hub might be too small, you can probably make it fit with spacers, swapping parts, etc. I do know that there is no damage to the cups. I'm confident enough to know that. Could you maybe explain?

Anyway, thanks again everyone for all your help...