Old 07-02-11, 07:48 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by alcanoe
Drugs are so evil that California has about legalized some while the DOJ sits on it's hands. The DOJ thinks it's ok for Black Panthers to stand out in front of poling places carrying weapons. I'm sick of the DOJ.

The world cycling "court" has found Armstrong innocent on countless occuasions and sometimes they were forced to do so by lawsuit. How many times does a person have to prove himself innocent? Ever hear of double jepordy?

I know of no country interceeding in a drug case for an athlete except for Spain. If it occurs it's rare. The US should NOT have interceeded for Armstrong.

You reach too far. You arguement lacks credibility.

Al
I still wonder though if any PED actually helps in bicycle racing, and if it does help, does it help enough to deal with the fact that, that &^%$ can kill you.... Testing is intended to make it that all participants are participating fairly, some of those tests will fail for good reason, for example a rider is ill and on a medication that appears similar in testing to a banned substance. What I do not think is fair is to allow a participant to be in a race, when a court case is pending that could lead to them being banned over the period that race takes place. Either the participant should not be allowed to participate until it's settled, or the ban should start after the case is resolved. Meaning that if a racer doped in 2010 and won in 2011, the 2010 result can be changed, but the 2011 one can't.