Old 06-22-05, 06:22 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Aww...It's Raining

After being nice all day,it decides to dump a bunch of rain just as I'm getting ready to leave work. It was coming down pretty good,and there was lightning,so I decided to suit up and just hang out in the entry foyer until the worst blew over. I couldn't believe how many people were whining about the rain. They were going to have to walk all the way across the parking lot! This while I'm sitting there in my raingear. Man,I sure felt bad for them.

Anyway,made it home without incident. Finally got to wear my Gore brand Gore-tex jacket. It actually breathes pretty well,even without any vents. Also wore my helmet cover from bicycleclothing.com. I got the breathable yellow one,and it too impressed me by the fact that it actually did breathe. And the Topeak DeFender fenders I put on the Giant got their baptism of fire. The front worked great,the rear let a little more spray get on my back than I would've liked,but it was way better than that SKS X-whatever I had back there before. They also look pretty cool and the rear doesn't need to be tightened after every single ride like the SKS did. So,thumbs up to my new rain kit.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X