Old 07-04-11, 06:36 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by trackhub
I'd like to believe that as well, but I'm not convinced it will happen. While the price of gas has dropped some in recent weeks, it's still close to four bucks per gallon on Suburban Boston. It still looks like people are driving their SUV's as much as ever, and we've all heard "the angry ones" who say they won't give up their cars, no matter how expensive gas becomes.

For the record: "The angry ones" are what I call those interesting folks who won't stop smoking cigarettes, despite the price of a pack of smokes. What is it now, six bucks? And, they are the same ones who refuse to wear a seat belt when driving, because, after all, "Nobody tells ME what to do!" This, despite undeniable proof that wearing a seat belt is very likely to save your butt in an accident.
What I always find funny, is when gas prices go up a lot at once, and it becomes a news item, and you see the TV people interviewing some guy, it's never the person driving a Yaris or a Smart car, it's always the guy with the big honkin' SUV that you could put my car in the back and have room for two more.... It's funny though, if you go through the "rich" part of a major city, sure they have the Escalade for show, it's probably got 25km on the clock, they guy drives a nice small car in the summer, and an old beater in the winter. BTW you want to talk gas prices, the local Petro-scam here is charging $1.299/L that is $4.936/Gallon, this is why I drive a small car that is fuel efficient.