Old 07-04-11, 04:49 PM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
- What I found does NOT work is that bounce thing where you "bounce" your front wheel away from the next rider's rear wheel. I have no idea how this would work and I probably fell 20 or 30 times trying to figure it out.
The reason people go down when they touch wheels is they try and move their front wheel off the wheel in front of them too quickly. For example, if your front wheel is to the right of the wheel in front of you and it touches, your instinct is to turn the wheel to the right to move it away from the wheel in front. Of course, for anyone familiar with how countersteering works, turning the bars to the right will cause the bike to lean to the left which forces you back into the wheel or just down on the pavement.

I suspect the 'Bounce' technique just involves turning your bars hard enough into the wheel in front to get your weight over to the other side of the bike (to the right side in the above example) then when you release from the wheel the bike will lean away from trouble.