View Single Post
Old 07-06-11, 10:06 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
No pics, but yesterday on the train home a youngish guy got on with a nice blue w/white Shogun. I asked him about its age and he said 80's, "refurbished" a few years ago. Fully geared, not a fixie, with aero brake levers, side-pull brakes, quill pedals but w/o clips.

Then this morning a guy got off the train same place I did (end of the line in Attleboro) with a yellow UO8 about the same vintage as mine (early 70's). I commented on it, he said thanks. But his was a SS, could't tell if it was fixie too. As I rode away I was thinkin', how's about you try to follow me up the west bank of the Blackstone River, up Old River Road, then past Lincoln Mall on rt116?

Maybe he'd have blown me away.

Addition: A guy at the station today (Wed) had a Peugeot Chamonix, said he'd bought in Germany. It had nice sidepulls, didn't see any label. The DR's and crank were labeled "Sport x<mumble-scratched>" or something. And it had Biopace chainrings. And the seatpost was way over-extended and actually bent a little, may even have put a warp in the ST.

Last edited by jimmuller; 07-06-11 at 05:48 PM. Reason: getting the terms right